NOTE: As of the 23rd March 2020 these instructions are no longer valid. Please contact us if you would like assistance drafting up-to-date communications for your patients in relation to COVID-19.
1. Copy and paste this email into a word document
2. Edit and personalise the email
3. Send out to your patient database
Subject: COVID-19 Update Your health and safety is our number one priority.
Dear [patient name]
We understand that COVID-19 is a concern for all of our patients and community. We want to reassure you that the health and well being of our patients and team is our top priority.
We've made some changes to how we operate to ensure we can continue to provide services to our community and keep [insert practice name] a safe place for our patients and staff.
To assist us in these unprecedented times may we please request that if you are unwell or have recently travelled overseas to please reschedule your appointment to a later date. Our cancellation fee will be wavered.
All of our team are fully trained in infection control protocol and do annual compliance training to ensure we are up to date with the latest techniques.
We always adhere to strict hygiene practices, and we are following guidelines from NSW Health and the Australian Dental Association as well as implementing further measures of our own. These include:
• The reception area, reception desk, doors, door handles and EFTPOS machine are wiped down with disinfectant wipes after EVERY patient
• We've started using peroxide mouthwash during pre-treatment to reduce the viral load in the mouth
• We've removed magazines and resources usually shared by other people
• Hand sanitisation stations have been set up
• All cloth hand towel and tea towels have been removed, and we are using disposable paper towels
• Deliveries are now being met at the door and brought into the surgery by one of our team
Please keep in mind that unlike hospitals or doctor's surgeries, we do not treat unwell patients.
If you are unsure our team are always on hand to help - please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.